In this special episode, our hosts discuss how they deal with their own disagreements over theology and what it looks like to extend grace to one another.
- 00:20 – Introduction and word from show sponsor Unfundamentalists.
- 02:35 – Voicemail to the hotline. Power and the institution in Christianity. From the Blood of Abel.
- 04:18 – Mimetic desire for power.
- 08:00 – Human desire for significance. Inherent human significance.
- 10:37 – Introduction to the heretic of the week, Jamal Jivanjee. Jamal explains why people think he’s a heretic. No distinction between Jesus and us.
- 13:04 – Our identity in Christ.
- 14:04 – Does Jesus have a unique identity?
- 14:40 – The Christ (all of creation) as the second person of the trinity instead of Jesus.
- 17:45 – Jesus as the revelation of the Christ.
- 20:40 – Jamal and his deconstruction process from his Muslim and evangelical background.
- 25:11 – Supernatural encounters.
- 27:00 – Jesus’s new commandment.
- 30:39 – Introduction to the podcast topic, “The Elephant in the room.” Past conflict with Jamal and Keith concerning Jamal’s book, Free to Love.
- 34:45 – Disagreements with the hosts of the Heretic Happy Hour.
- 36:29 – You don’t need to agree to fellowship.
- 44:37 – The gospel isn’t about having the “right” information.
- 45:27 – Heresy is allowing a disagreement to divide.
- 48:24 – Self-emptying love.
- 56:33 – Radical acceptance of one another despite beliefs.
Heretic Happy Hour is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com