Can we know God apart from the Bible? How did Christians know Jesus before the scriptures were canonized? What does the Bible say about this?
- 00:20 – Introduction and word from show sponsor Unfundamentalists.
- 01:52 – Heretic of the week Michael Servetus. John Calvin approved of his martyrdom.
- 09:09 – Text to the hotline. Penal substitution.
- 11:41 – Voicemail to the hotline.
- 14:00 – Introduction to, “Can we know God apart from the Bible?”
- 17:12 – Can we know the story of Jesus apart from the writings?
- 17:42 – The Bible as a hindrance to knowing Christ.
- 18:06 – The canonization of the Bible. The reality of Christ within you.
- 20:02 – Different canons from different traditions.
- 22:28 – The way and Christ consciousness.
- 23:01 – Ways to approach the Bible.
- 24:47 – The word of God is a person.
- 25:56 – The indwelling spirit of God.
- 26:58 – Jesus used the scriptures to argue with Pharisees.
- 27:50 – Jesus used parables and stories to talk about the realities of Christ.
- 29:40 – Jesus omitting verses of scripture when speaking about prophecies concerning himself.
- 33:20 – The parables of Jesus. Historical fiction with a deeper truth. Literalism.
- 36:17 – Biblical inerrancy.
- 38:29 – Inspired Disney movies.
- 40:33 – Jesus as the sacrifice to end sacrifices.
- 41:19 – The Way being a transcendent reality. Born again experience.
- 43:54 – Other ways to know God outside of the Bible.
- 50:32 – Losing our attachment to the Bible.
- 51:00 – Jamal tells the worst joke in history.
- 53:24 – Evangelism.
- 55:07 – Biblicism.
- 56:15 – Relationship with Jesus not dependent on the Bible.
- 57:00 – Biblical justification of violence.
Heretic Happy Hour is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com