Aren’t we all made in God’s image? If so, why do some act as if God is Male? Heretic of the Week: Mark Karris and more!
- 00:21 – Introduction and word from show sponsor Unfundamentalist.
- 03:15 – Call to the hotline. Dan from Unfundamentalist teaches the difference between a forward-slash and a back-slash.
- 05:11 – Text to the hotline. Jesus without religion.
- 06:35 – Introduction to heretic of the week, Mark Karris. Mark explain why people may think he’s a heretic. Questioning the Trinity and a violent God.
- 11:45 – Mark explains his deconstruction process and the cult he was saved in.
- 15:30 – Fear-based religion. Parent issues and images of fathers. Projecting on to the divine.
- 17:45 – Divine echoes: reconciling prayer with an uncontrolling God.
- 19:45 – Petitionary prayer.
- 20:58 – Does God heal or intervene? Miracles.
- 21:28 – Conspiring prayer.
- 22:26 – God’s uncontrolling nature. Evil and suffering.
- 24:56 – Justice. Petitionary prayer can be a hinderance.
- 26:21 – Many times we are the answer to our own prayers.
- 28:18 – Blaming God.
- 30:16 – End of interview with Mark Karris.
- 31:51 – Start of topic, “Does God have a penis?”
- 33:04 – Patriarchal christianity projecting a male quality on to God.
- 34:10 – Jewish patriarchal societies making God male. Projecting who we are on to God.
- 35:50 – The Bible and what God is like.
- 37:00 – Creation and understanding God has male and female qualities. God is not genderless, he is gender-full.
- 38:38 – Non-binary terms about gender.
- 39:15 – Problems with interpreting the Bible.
- 42:00 – The Bible is not a unified voice.
- 43:08 – The feminine attributes of God in scripture.
- 45:50 – Calling God, “Mother.” Pronouns for the divine.
- 53:09 – God’s name in exodus, “I am.” or “to be.” The grounding of being or consciousness.
- 55:24 – Humans in the image of God.
- 1:00:01 – The messiah as the suffering servant.
Heretic Happy Hour is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com