Does God see us as miserable worms? What if our view of ourselves is totally wrong? Plus, our Heretic of the Week: Benjamin L. Corey
- 00:20 – Introduction and word from show sponsor Unfundamentalists.
- 3:40 – Call to the hotline. “Jesus had boners.”
- 4:30 – Text to the hotline. “As a gay christian….”
- 5:47 – Introduction to special guest and heretic of the week Benjamin Corey.
- 6:10 – Benjamin on the word heretic and why he is one. Marcion. Interpreting the Old testament and a Jesus hermeneutic.
- 9:10 – Benjamin explains his deconstruction process. Eschatology. Similarities in other faith traditions.
- 14:01 – Seminary and confirmation bias.
- 15:48 – Deconstructing evangelicalism and what things Benjamin has kept. The death and resurrection of Jesus. Virgin birth. High view of scripture.
- 18:34 – Universalism in the early church. Hopeful universalism. Annihilationism.
- 21:47 – Ben Corey’s new book Unafraid: moving beyond fear-based faith.
- 24:40 – The process of deconstruction and reconstruction.
- 29:30 – Dark night of the soul.
- 32:20 – Topic, “Are we worthless sinners?” Identity crisis.
- 34:30 – Original sin.
- 36:01 – Is there a fundamental flaw in humans?
- 38:07 – Humanity created in the image and likeness of God. The voice of accusation. The lie that we are not like God already.
- 41:30 – The lie of lack and false desire.
- 42:35 – When are we like God?
- 44:25 – Essence and action.
- 46:41 – Sin in Genesis. Cain and Abel. God is non-violent.
- 48:35 – Terminology with Christianity and sin.
- 50:42 – Identity as the word, “Sinner.”
- 53:18 – Confusion in the Bible.
- 54:45 – Paul using the word, “Flesh” and the works of the flesh.
- 58:07 – God as the grounding of all being. Flesh and spirit.
- 1:01:01 – Sin as sickness. False beliefs of identity.
- 1:04:05 – Acceptance in Christ.
- 1:07:40 – Everyone is in Christ. The expression of God.
- 1:11:11 – Forgiveness from God before we’ve done anything.
Heretic Happy Hour is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Have you guys read the book or seen the movie "Cold Comfort Farm"? There's a really funny caricature in it of wretch-type theology.