What if Jesus isn’t coming back soon? We explore the damage done by fear-based Futurism and alternative views of Apocalypse. Featuring live music from Barrett Johnson and HOTW: John Nelson Darby.
- 00:28 – Introduction to the live show.
- 03:22 – Text to the hotline. Is Lucifer a real being? Can we become his personification?
- 04:30 – The spirit of accusation.
- 06:30 – Satan as a function.
- 10:05 – Heretic of the week John Nelson Darby. Father of modern Dispensationalism.
- 12:45 – Darby’s ideas of a futurist view of Revelation.
- 19:44 – The psychological effects of believing in the rapture.
- 25:11 – Making money with rapture stories.
- 31:30 – Jamal disinterest on the return of Jesus.
- 33:40 – The incarnation of Jesus (God with us).
- 37:10 – We are all expressions of divinity.
- 39:19 – Where is God? Are we the second coming of Jesus?
- 41:18 – The manifestation of Christ.
- 44:09 – Scripture used for the rapture. 1 Thessalonians 4.
- 48:00 – Context and culture. The persecution of the church.
- 51:45 – Judgement/hyperbolic language.
- 53:30 – Paul’s letters are hard to understand because they weren’t for us.
- 55:30 – Paul’s evolution and his ability to make mistakes.
- 59:30 – Escapist mentality.
- 1:02:37 – Discussion on whether we are waiting for Jesus to return.
Heretic Happy Hour is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com