We take questions from our live audience about the End Times and the Second Coming. Plus, more about Mary Magdalene, our “Willy Nilly” approach to scripture, and why we love/hate Paul’s eschatology. PLUS: Live music from Barrett Johnson.
- 00:01 – Introduction to Q and A.
- 01:19 – Question: Revelation and the “perfect” world if revelation was about 70 AD. New Heaven and New Earth.
- 02:27 – Revelation as a letter about Rome. The gates of New Jerusalem are never shut.
- 06:30 – Apocalyptic hyperbole. The end of the Jewish age.
- 08:13 – Eternal life that Jesus talked about is present tense.
- 09:55 – Jesus’s emphasis on the newness of life.
- 11:25 – New Jerusalem is here now and the new covenant.
- 13:07 – Question: Taking the new testament as figuratively (aka willy nilly). What is your take divine revelation and inspiration? Did the people at the time take these passages as literally or figuratively?
- 15:02 – Paul’s theology shifted. Interpreting our encounters with God.
- 17:08 – Literalism behind the text.
- 20:01 – There seems to be a difference in Paul in Romans. Either Paul changed or it’s not Paul.
- 22:02 – Jamal explains that he doesn’t believe the New Testaments exists.
- 25:24 – The assumption that Keith, Jamal, and Matt agree.
- 28:00 – The New Testament is limited and Mary Magdalene.
- 29:50 – Question: At what point did dispensationalism or end times enter your deconstruction?
- 34:15 – The kingdom of God and money.
- 36:55 – Problems with hell and a violent God.
- 38:12 – How do we live in the present moment?
- 41:10 – Passages not about the future, but about AD 70.
- 43:50 – Question: If you were Paul, what would he think about people interpreting his letters as scriptures?
- 46:25 – Paul didn’t think he was writing scriptures. Has God stopped inspiring people?
- 51:25 – Holiness codes.
- 52:45 – Question: Do you give Paul’s letters more weight than your own revelation?
- 54:10 – Good and Bad fruit.
- 58:30 – Paul and Christ Consciousness.
Heretic Happy Hour is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com