If heaven and hell aren’t about the afterlife, then what is salvation really about? Plus, Bishop Carlton Pearson from the Netflix biopic Come Sunday is our HOTW.
- 00:20 – Introduction and a word from show sponsor, Unfundamentalists.
- 01:50 – Patreon page and extra content.
- 04:23 – The guys discuss the rumor of a hotline.
- 05:17 – Text to the hotline: “To misunderstand a little less completely” –C.S. Lewis.
- 06:37 – Message to the hotline: Everyone is welcome to communion. Everyone is welcome at Jesus’s table.
- 07:38 – Discussion on radical inclusivity. Are people more important than beliefs?
- 09:25 – What if your humanity qualifies your place at the table?
- 12:37 – Heretic Happy Hour website. Download the drinking game.
- 13:35 – Heretic of the Week special guest Carlton Pearson. “Just call me son of a Bishop.”
- 14:00 – Carlton Pearson’s movie on Netflix.
- 14:50 – Not only Christians will be in heaven.
- 17:00 – Carlton discusses his life story and deconstruction of hell.
- 18:00 – Is God schizophrenic? How can mercy and hatred endure forever?
- 20:25 – Carlton tells the story of hearing God speak.
- 21:57 – “How can you take these people to hell” “Is that what you think we’re doing?”
- 25:38 – Faith is for people who doubt.
- 28:00 – Billy Graham, “I think haven’t convinced people that God loves them.”
- 29:42 – How could a loving God even conceive of hell?
- 30:54 – The cost of Carlton speaking publicly about his ideas about hell. The church is on the wrong side of history.
- 31:48 – “I don’t believe the Bible is the inspired word of God.” (Forward all angry letters to Carlton)
- 32:57 – God dwells as us.
- 33:26 – Self-actualization. We are creators.
- 35:30 – Prayer and medicine.
- 36:20 – Not feeling sinful because we are humans.
- 37:50 – Jesus was a metaphysician.
- 38:27 – Christianity is a compilation of myths and traditions over the centuries.
- 40:00 – God enlightens people to this very day.
- 42:00 – What if you entered a pre-incarnate covenant to experience your divinity?
- 44:50 – End of interview with Carlton Pearson.
- 45:12 – Discussion on Carlton’s film, Come Sunday, on Netflix and Matthew’s absence in the interview.
- 48:15 – Salvation and what it means to be saved.
- 49:02 – Maybe the statements about salvation is not about where we go when we die.
- 50:48 – Everyone is already saved whether you know it or not.
- 51:19 – Salvation is life. What does it mean to truly live?
- 53:15 – God has come to save us from suffering.
- 54:16 – “Sozo” means to be made whole or to be healed.
- 56:45 – The kind of life Jesus came to bring is God-like life.
- 1:00:00 – Death is losing the awareness of the divine life.
- 1:04:45 – Jewish mindsets and looking for a kingdom. Jesus came to demonstrate God is with us.
- 1:08:30 – The non-violent Messiah
- 1:09:45 – Every knee will bow and gladly confess.
- 1:11:45 – The last Adam. Mirror images of the Divine.
- 1:13:25 – Knowing that we’re loved and accepted by God removes the state of suffering.
- 1:15:00 – We’re all in Adam. Are we not all in Christ? What it means that Jesus is Lord.
- 1:20:00 – Jamal discusses the rumor of a hotline.
Heretic Happy Hour is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Soooo Good!!! I totally coincide, harmonize, flow with everything he said. I saw the film and I posted it on FB and a friend of mine who grew up Seventh Day Adventist and now is atheist must have paid attention to my post and sent me text about another podcast with Carlton Person. I was an SDA myself along with my husband and kids, but now my husband and I attend an Episcopal church in Pasadena Ca. And have never regretted it, because ALL are welcomed to His table. We Love your program! Keep it coming!