How can we deconstruct our faith without damaging our relationships with friends and family? Featuring our theme song live from Barrett Johnson and HOTW: Michelle Collins.
- 00:20 – Introduction and thanks to Sidecar Donuts. Unfundamentalists.
- 04:28 – Voicemail. Go Wolverines.
- 05:43 – Text: Using the word “Deconstruction” vs. “Renewing of mind.”
- 12:50 – Introduction to Michelle Collins and her process of deconstruction. Losing friends and a church over questions of grace.
- 20:45 – The need for certainty.
- 21:31 – Questioning the existence of God.
- 23:30 – The grieving process through deconstruction.
- 25:50 – Certainty as the opposite of faith.
- 28:59 – Pain birthing new life.
- 30:20 – Michelle working on a book about the psychological and emotional side of deconstruction.
- 31:07 – Religious abuse.
- 33:43 – Stages of deconstruction mirroring the stages of grief.
- 37:50 – Deconstruction and reconstructing at the same time.
- 40:50 – Original goodness.
- 44:02 – Jamal’s experiential deconstruction. Pleasing parents and pleasing God.
- 47:56 – Keith’s deconstruction experience. Good news is the kingdom of God is for now.
- 51:42 – Beliefs being secondary to people.
- 53:57 – Deconstruction is passing through and never stops. Not building your relationship on beliefs.
- 57:04 – Doctrinal statements bringing division instead of unity.
- 58:47 – Christ as the reality of love.
- 1:03:15 – We are not our beliefs.
Heretic Happy Hour is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com