Where is Jesus’s body right now? Is church a place to deconstruct? Does the New Testament give us clues about how church should be today? And more! Our most contentious episode yet!
- 00:25 – Introduction.
- 00:47 – Question: Where did Jesus go in the ascension? Was the ascension of Jesus literal?
- 05:55 – Many rose from the dead on the day Jesus resurrected.
- 07:16 – Christ revealed in humanity.
- 08:06 – Jesus isn’t here on earth. Christ is.
- 10:42 – Jesus manifesting physically.
- 11:11 – Relationships and community. Human’s essential need of connecting in relationship.
- 15:38 – Forming community at the expense of another vs. embracing another.
- 18:55 – Tribalism and Jesus.
- 20:15 – Events and community.
- 21:39 – Belonging.
- 22:55 – Where do you prefer to work out your faith?
- 27:45 – Experiencing God in life. Divine expression in everything.
- 31:59 – Can we look at the New Testament for church now?
- 32:35 – Ekklesia. The reign and Kingdom of God is here and within us.
- 38:55 – People meant to live with each other.
- 43:00 – New Testament model and modern day human consciousness. Moving beyond tribalism as a species.
- 47:10 – Why is the fear of disconnection is so strong? The human need to belong, believe, and become something.
- 50:10 – Individuals that learn how to imitate others. Mimetic Theory. Attaching our identity to the other.
- 53:28 – The mirror reflection of God.
- 55:18 – Humans wired to love one another. God looks like a servant.
Heretic Happy Hour is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com