What is ministry? Is it only for professional clergy? What about those 58 “One-Anothers” in the Bible? Plus, our Heretic of the Week is Brandon Andress, author of Beauty in the Wreckage: Finding Peace in the Age of Outrage.
- 00:20 – Introduction
- 02:50 – Call into the Hotline about church as people and not being a place you go.
- 14:13 – HOTW Brandon Andress introduction. Why he’s a heretic. Questioning hell.
- 20:00 – The Myth of a Christian Nation by Greg Boyd and The Kingdom of God is Within You by Leo Tolstoy.
- 21:57 – Brandon’s deconstruction process. Worship in the church building.
- 26:10 – Church of Christ.
- 29:10 – Jesus’s parable of the treasure in the field.
- 32:22 – Jesus as the anti-evangelist.
- 37:34 – Brandon’s book, Beauty in the Wreckage: Finding Peace in the Age of Outrage.
- 42:33 – Shalom and Jesus.
- 48:59 – Outside the Walls podcast. End of interview.
- 50:00 – What is ministry?
- 52:56 – Orthodoxy vs. Orthopraxy.
- 55:01 – Hierarchy is turned upside down in the Kingdom of God.
- 57:20 – God as a distraction to ministry. Humans are ministers.
- 59:20 – Ministry as loving people.
- 1:04:30 – Living our lives outside of the Bible.
- 1:09:12 – Five-fold ministry. Gifts and works of service.
- 1:12:52 – The early church.
- 1:15:00 – Humans as mirrors of divinity.
- 1:18:30 – Others-centered love.
- 1:21:05 – Listening to people is loving people.
Heretic Happy Hour is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com