Why do we worship? How do we worship? Is it all about singing? What about when it becomes emotional manipulation? Or is it more about connecting to God? Plus, singer/songwriter (and former Bachelorette contestant) Brady Toops as our Heretic of the Week!
- 00:20 – Introduction.
- 04:20 – Text to the hotline: What is sexual morality?
- 08:30 – Text: How do you teach your children about God if a couple disagrees?
- 14:47 – Heretic of the Week, Brady Toops.
- 19:45 – Human beings creating religions and institutions. The impossibility of separation from God.
- 23:45 – Questioning the ideas of institutional Christianity. Leadership and tithing.
- 27:00 – The violence of God and the Bible.
- 29:33 – Experiencing the Divine.
- 34:04 – Understanding God in a non-theistic way.
- 40:05 – www.bradytoops.com and The Unravel with Brady Toops podcast.
- 44:08 – End of interview.
- 45:19 – Worship: Is Jesus My Girlfriend?
- 48:07 – What is worship?
- 51:22 – Feeling connected to the Divine.
- 53:06 – Worshiping other humans.
- 59:26 – The idea that God is about God’s own glory. John 17. Giving glory to human beings.
- 1:04:27 – Loving God by loving others.
- 1:06:10 – Sex as an act of worship.
Heretic Happy Hour is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com